Kenko Tea is a Melbourne-based, online retailer of high quality matcha teas and equipment. On a mission to bring top quality matcha green tea powder and accessories to Australia, their philosophy is simple - importing only the finest grades of matcha green tea available.
Kenko Tea’s Premium Green Tea Matcha is pure and simple. We simply adored it. Intensely flavoured with a subtle sweetness, Kenko Tea’s matcha has a slight bitterness and a clear umami aftertaste. The tea certainly announces its presence on your taste buds.
Matcha’s unique characteristics set it apart from traditional green tea. There is also an incredible array of health benefits associated with drinking matcha. As matcha is produced from the entire tea leaf, ground up (as opposed to being made from the liquid by steeping the leaves), the antioxidant and health benefits increase exponentially when compared to standard green teas. It also contains amino acids that naturally enhance your mood.
Apart from making a delicious cup of tea, there is a whole lot more you can make with matcha especially when it comes to desserts. We made some steamed matcha cakes from Kenko Tea’s Cooking Grade Matcha Tea Powder...
Steamed Matcha Cake Recipe
Makes 12 cakes
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons greek yoghurt
3 tablespoons icing sugar
1/2 cup of self raising flour
3 teaspoon Kenko Tea’s Cooking Grade Matcha Tea Powder
- Prepare a bamboo steamer or any other preferred steamer.
- Whisk the egg and oil until combined.
- Add honey and yoghurt into the mixture and mix well.
- Mix sugar into the mixture and mix well.
- Add flour into the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Fold in the matcha until the powder is thoroughly mixed into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into 12 silicon cupcake moulds.
- Make sure the water is boiling and put the moulds that have been filled with the mixture in the steamer and cover the lid.
- Steam for 12 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Gastrology received the Premium Green Tea Matcha and Cooking Grade Matcha Tea Powder courtesy of Kenko Tea.