Thursday 15 to Sunday 18 May 2014 sets the time to celebrate the next Noosa International Food and Wine Festival.
Over 250 invited chefs, producers, winemakers, entertainers and media will descend on Noosa and its iconic surroundings to join foodies from all over the world to party and celebrate the good things in life.
Highlights of the 2014 Festival will include:
- Foodie Fandango Opening Concert. A delectable confection of mouth-watering music will be served up by musical ‘chefs’, David Hobson, Taryn Fiebig, Jud Arthur & Guy Noble, accompanied by the fabulous Queensland Virtuosi Orchestra,
- A fun Sixties Beach Party on iconic Noosa Main Beach. Patrons will slip on their 60s gear and Twist, Mash Potato and Limbo the night away to the Beach Boyz cover band in the Qantas Beach Marquee. A retro BBQ will be prepared by six of Australia’s hottest chefs: Jonathan Barthelmess, Colin Fassnidge, Dan Hong, Justin North, Louis Tikaram and Matt Wilkinson.
- Two Qantas Seafood Feasts on Noosa Main Beach with Neil Perry AM preparing award-winning seafood with wines from Qantas epiQure.
- Two fabulous International Premier Degustations featuring world renowned chefs.
- The Platinum Experience –the ultimate way to enjoy the Festival in the prestigious Westpac Platinum Lounge with private bar and concierge.
- Australia’s Best Home Cooked Dish. The Festival’s exciting new competition will bring competitorsfrom all over Australia to compete in the Grand Final for over $23,000 in prizes including atrip for two to London.
- The spectacular entertainment line-up will see festival-goers enjoying a broad range of music including classical, pop, opera and rock. Amazing X-Factor winner Dami Im will get the crowds partying at Friday night’s Welcome Party as will great vocalist Paulini on Saturday night. Thomas Crane’s Bohemian Rhapsody will return to cap off Festival fun on Sunday.
- The weekend will culminate with a sunset concert performance by Maria Venuti at Noosa National Park’s Lookout and a stunning eight-course Italian feast at Berardo’s restaurant & bar prepared by Lucio Galletto, Guy Grossi , Massimo Mele, Alessandro Pavoni, Tony Percuoco, Giovanni Pilu and Nino Zoccali.
The Sunshine Coast is the perfect backdrop to the Festival offering a myriad of accommodation options from luxury hotels to quaint hideaway cottages.
A range of ticketing packages are available at www.noosafoodandwine.com.au or by downloading the free Festival Smartphone app. Buy tickets before April 1 and receive a 10% discount on most Festival events.
- Daily General Admission prices: $40 (adult); $20 (child) - include Celebrity Chef Cooking Demonstrations, Culinary Exhibits, The Courier-Mail Annexe, Food Critics’ Cooking Competitions and live entertainment.
- Weekend Gold Pass price: $330 - include entry to the Seppelt and Westpac Hospitality Pavilions and preferential concert seating.
Program and other information
- The full Festival Program: www.noosafoodandwine.com.au/program
- The full line up of visiting Chefs: http://www.noosafoodandwine.com.au/whos-coming/
- Accommodation packages: http://www.noosafoodandwine.com.au/accommodation/ and ‘Stay and Play’ packages: http://www.visitsunshinecoast.com.au/noosa-international-food-and-wine-festival
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NoosaFoodWineFestival