One of the more popular Malaysian hawker dishes in Melbourne is the curry laksa. Referred by Malaysians as "Kari Mee", this big bowl of decadent broth is comfort food at it's best. The coconut milk in the broth is soothing and alleviates a lot of the heat, making it a great introduction to spicy food for the uninitiated.
We loved how simple the Teans Gourmet Malaysian Traditional Curry Laksa Paste is to use. All it takes is literally 15 minutes for you to have your very own bowl of traditional Malaysian curry laksa noodles!
- Mix 1 packet of Tean's Gourmet Curry Laksa Paste in 1500ml boiling water.
- Add in 150ml thick coconut milk from 1 coconut and 100g fried tofu. Bring to a quick boil and switch to low fire.
- Blanch 600g fresh egg noodles and 60g bean sprouts, divide into 6 portions and put in 6 big bowls.
- Add slices of cooked meat and fish balls, 1/4 hard-boiled egg and some mint leaves on each bowl of noodles.
- Pour hot curry laksa soup into the bowl of noodles and serve hot.
Teans Gourmet Malaysian Traditional Curry Laksa Paste is available from Asian Grocery Store.