Gastrology recently joined Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) at Australia Malaysia Business Council Victoria (AMBC Victoria)’s Malaysia Day Celebration Dinner at Marriott Hotel.
The event included a delicious three course dinner as well as a heart-warming speech by Guest Speaker Mr Joel Backwell, the former Trade Commissioner to Malaysia. During Backwell’s speech he shared his personal stories and reflections about his time in Malaysia.
The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) was established on March 1, 1993 as the external trade promotion arm of Malaysia's Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). Its functions are:
- To promote, assist and develop Malaysia's external trade with particular emphasis on the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products and services;
- To formulate and implement export marketing strategies and trade promotion activities to promote Malaysia's export;
- To undertake commercial intelligence and market research and create a comprehensive database of information for the improvement and development of Malaysia's trade;
- To organise training programmes to improve the international marketing skills of Malaysian exporters;
- To enhance and protect Malaysia's international trade investment abroad; and
- To promote, facilitate and assist in the services areas related to trade.