Aussies LOVE brunch. Sitting outside the local café, sipping on a coffee and tucking into a delicious brekkie of eggs benedict with smoked salmon & avocado is the perfect start to the weekend for many of us.
Gastrology recently test drove Tassal’s new Salmon Rashers which make it seriously easy to enjoy café-style salmon at home. These Rashers are an easy, healthy and delicious accompaniment to any brunch. Designed as ‘salmon that sizzles,’ the Rashers are great for pan-frying and have a delicious smoky flavour from being smoked in Beechwood chips.
Here are our 2 easy recipes using Tassal's new Salmon Rashers. Enjoy!
Recipe: Salmon with mushy peas
200g Tassal’s Salmon Rashers
250g frozen peas
- Cook peas and onion in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until bright green and tender.
- Transfer peas to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and season with pepper (to taste).
- Sizzle some Tassal’s Salmon Rashers in the pan with some olive oil for a few minutes each side until golden.
- Serve! This recipe also goes great with eggs, tomato and avocado for a tasty and healthy brekkie.
Recipe: Salmon fritters
200g Tassal’s Salmon Rashers, diced into cubes
2 onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup self-raising flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
200g asparagus (lightly steamed for 5 minutes) and then trimmed
- Mix salmon, onion, flour, asparagus and egg in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Heat some oil in a pan and spoon to form a circle and fry the mixture. Use 1/4 of the mixture at a time so you end up with 4 fritters.
- Serve! We recommend serving this with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over the fritter.
Tassal’s new Salmon Rashers make it super easy and delicious to enjoy café-style salmon in the comfort of your own home. It is a great way reap the health benefits of incorporating salmon into your diet.