If you’re an aspiring chef with dreams of an immaculate kitchen or you simply just love food like we do, the launch of a new premium cream range can be pretty exciting.
The new Anchor Cream range is made with 100% Australian dairy and is designed with foodies and cooks in mind; featuring innovative markers on the side of the bottle (as seen on butter packaging), the markers ensure precise pouring and easy measurement.
The new Anchor Cream range contains Pure, Thickened and Light Thickened Cream to suit every culinary occasion. Whip, cook or pour and enjoy the taste of beautiful cream.
For added convenience, screw top lids allow for safe storage in the fridge and will eliminate those messy drips and leaks (we’ve all experienced the nasty accident of knocking over an old container of cream that you’d forgotten about – and boy does it smell!). Anchor Cream’s bottles are also unique in size, with exact one (250mL) and two cup (500mL) size products to make following a recipe hassle free.
We absolutely loved putting the new Anchor Cream to the test with Italian style Cream Pancakes...
Recipe: Cream Pancakes
Makes about 20 pancakes
2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons Matcha powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
750mL Anchor Thickened Cream (i.e. 250mL bottle + 500mL bottle)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, separated
More Anchor cream!
- Stir together flour, matcha powder (optional) and sugar a in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, Anchor cream, butter, vanilla and 2 egg yolks in another bowl.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Then, fold into batter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot non stick pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked. Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Pla
- Serve with toasted pecans, maple syrup and topped with whipped Anchor Thickened Cream!
We loved the beautiful and luxurious cream - a testament to being made using the best Australian Dairy. It was also really convenient and easy to be able to measure everything to perfection. We thoroughly appreciated the unique one and two cup size bottles with measurement markers which ensured precise pouring and the screw top lids which avoided messy drips and leaks.
Anchor Cream is available exclusively at Woolworths stores nationally.