- Start with a good product and you will finish with a better dish.
- Bring the steak to room temperature prior to cooking.
- Oil the steak, not the cooking surface.
- Ensure the cooking surface is as hot as possible before placing on the grill.
- Once you have cooked it to how you prefer it (rare, medium rare, medium, well done), rest your steak for several minutes.
- Use a type of wood that will match the flavours you are trying to achieve.
- Don’t be afraid to use different ingredients when making your rub, such as coffee.
- Temperature regulation is extremely important - moving air vents the smallest amount can really impact on temperature.
- If you are looking, it’s not cooking.
- You must rest your product - the longer the better!
- Follow us on instagram or twitter (if you have not already); and
- Send us an email telling us your favourite recipe for a steak sauce/ accompaniment. Please also include your instagram or twitter account details.
[24/07/2015] Announcement: Winners of the Blog Giveaway: perfectly graded Pepperjack wine for your steak
Thank you to everyone who entered!
The 6 winners are…
Alex P… Congratulations, the winners will be contacted via email.
Competition Now Closed.