1 Dragon Phoenix star anise (available from Oriental Merchant)
1/4 Teaspoon Dragon Phoenix Five Spice Powder (available from Oriental Merchant)
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a pot.
- Add in garlic, pork belly and cracked pepper.
- Bring the pork belly to boil.
- Add hard-boiled eggs, fried tofu, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, star anise and five spice powder.
- Lower the heat and braise the pork for 30 minutes or until the pork belly is cooked through and tender.
- Add salt to taste.
- Continue to simmer on low heat for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.